IT Governance Administrative Systems Advisory Committee
The IT Administrative Systems Advisory Committee is an IT Governance advisory committee chaired by a senior member of Alumni Relations and Development. It provides oversight and sets priorities for the development and integration of the University’s enterprise systems.
The committee makes recommendations to the IT Governance Executive Committee.
A senior member of Alumni Relations and Development serves as chair. Representatives for University schools and business units on the committee are appointed by a dean or vice president for a two-year term. The chair may appoint ad hoc committees as appropriate.
The IT Administrative Systems Advisory Committee receives input from the following campus groups:
- Student Enterprise System (CAESAR)
- Human Resources (myHR/Kronos)
- Alumni Relations & Development (CATracks/Our Northwestern)
- Financial Management Systems (NUFinancials, iBuyNU, NUPlans)
- Facilities Management (FAMIS)
- Research Administration (InfoEd, Research Portal)
- The University Library
- Data Management and Integration
- Business Intelligence (Cognos BI)
- To provide oversight and direction for the enterprise systems that support the University‘s objectives.
- To establish priorities and sequencing for development and integration and make recommendations to the IT Executive Committee regarding development, funding, and policy.
- To champion a common data model, and other common infrastructure where needed, as well as best practices in central and distributed enterprise systems.
- Approve priorities and recommend resource allocation for administrative systems’ ongoing operations, enhancements, and new initiatives to assure alignment with the university’s business goals and needs.
- Monitor progress of administrative system initiatives and provide guidance to ongoing administrative systems’ operations, support efforts, and enhancements.
- Consider and discuss impact of administrative system changes on people, process, technology, and standards and policies.
- Encourage and facilitate the integration of systems and access to data across functional boundaries and guide the development of common data models.
- Champion effective information and IT security measures, policies and practices to ensure the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of resources are preserved.
- Resolve the escalation of issues which span departmental or divisional boundaries.
- Review school and department systems in the context of enterprise systems.
- Provide direction to prevent, where appropriate, unnecessary redundancy or non-sustainable service implementations and their resulting inefficiencies and risks.
Meetings are held every other month, or as determined by the committee.
- Karyn Reif, Associate Vice President, Alumni Relations and Development (Chair)
- Jean Shedd, Associate Provost, Office of the Provost
- Michael Mills, Associate Provost, Office of the Provost
- Ann Adams, Associate Vice President for Research, Office for Research
- Julie Payne-Kirchmeier, Associate Vice President for Student Auxiliary Services
- Ingrid S. Stafford, Vice President of Financial Operations and Treasurer
- Paul Castellucci, Associate Vice President for Budget and Planning
- Pamela S. Beemer, Vice President of Human Resources
- Angela Walker, Assistant Vice President of Facilities Services
- Heather Campbell, Senior Executive Director of Administration, Feinberg School of Medicine
- Simon Greenwold, Associate Dean of Administration, Finance and Planning, Weinberg College of Arts and Sciences
- Sarah McGill, Associate Dean for Administration & Planning, Graduate School Administration
- Roxanne Sellberg, Associate University Librarian, Northwestern University Library
- Alice Kelley, Associate Dean of Administration, Finance & Planning, McCormick School of Engineering and Applied Science
- Kris O'Brien, Associate Vice President of Administrative Systems, Information Technology
- Vicki Dekker, Associate Dean Administration and Planning, Graduate School
- Sean Reynolds, Vice President for Information Technology and Chief Information Officer (Ex Officio)
- Andrew Ludington, Director, Enterprise Reporting & Analytics, IT Administrative Systems
Last Updated: 2 March 2017Get Help Back to top