Digital Media Specialist Associate
Division: Information Technology (NUIT)
Requisition #: 17747
Full Time Percent: 100.00
Grade: ITS / 75
Under direct supervision, the Digital Media Specialist will assist in the design, development, troubleshooting, debugging, and implementation of software code for websites. Assists in the development of the site concept, interface design, and architecture of the website. Sets up, performs and troubleshoots webcasting of university academic or research symposiums and other events.
- Performs web scripting, test and maintenance of software applications;
- Oversees the departmental implementation of the departmental content management system; Helps train users in the software;
- Meets with a diverse set of constituencies within the school to assure that projects support the needs of users;
- Provides training and direction to staff in departments who need to update content;
- Keeps content on the site fresh and current;
- Takes responsibility for regular, oftentimes daily, updates of web content;
- Meets with other web development to assure coding is done according to standards set by the IT department;
- Performs related duties as required or assigned.
- A bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field;
- At least one year of web development / programming experience;
- Experience with managing complex web projects with cross-functional teams;
- Experience with web scripting language (ColdFusion, ASP, PHP, or similar) or other technical knowledge / programming skills to develop searchable/interactive web pages as assigned; or the equivalent combination of education, training and experience from which comparable skills can be acquired..
Northwestern University is an equal opportunity, affirmative action educator and employer.
To apply for this position, please enter the job requisition number into the Job Posting online form and select the search button. Once the job link appears in the window, select the check box of the job to which you'd like to apply and select "Apply to Jobs in Basket."
Last Updated: 29 November 2011Get Help Back to top