InfoEd is the University’s online system to create, review, submit, and track research grant and contract proposals.
The system consists of two modules:
- Proposal Development (PD) allows for system-to-system proposal submission directly to grants.gov. This module is primarily used by research administrators and principal investigators.
- Proposal Tracking (PT) manages award records, tracks negotiations, and handles workflow. It also connects to Northwestern’s human resources, financial, effort, human subject, and animal protocol information systems. This module is primarily used by the Office for Sponsored Research and Accounting Services for Research and Sponsored Programs.
InfoEd can be accessed via the System Login portlet in the NUPortal.
Subscribe to the INFOED-PD-USERS listserv for tips and other system information:
1. Send a plain text e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with no subject line.
2. Type the following command in the message: SUBSCRIBE INFOED-PD-USERS
- Cognos BI: Business intelligence, reporting and analytics (see also: Financial Reporting)
- myHR: Human Resources information system
- Maximus: Effort Reporting information system
- NUFinancials: Financial management system
- Financial Operations
- Office for Sponsored Research
- Accounting Services for Research and Sponsored Programs
- Office for Research Information Technology
Last Updated: 24 March 2017Get Help Back to top