NUPlans is specialized budget and planning software that connects with NUFinancials.
Northwestern has two NUPlans systems: Annual Budgeting and Forecasting.
NUPlans Annual Budgeting is used between April and July to prepare operating budgets for the upcoming fiscal year. NUPlans Annual Budgeting includes:
- Support for detailed employee salary budgeting, including budgeting for new employees and vacant positions
- Detailed account level budgeting for revenue and expense chart strings
- Budgeting of the use or buildup of carry-forward balances
- Optional planning for grant expenses and the resulting ICR budget, as relevant
- Built-in workflow for budget review and approval
Budgets prepared in NUPlans are imported to NUFinancials in July and the data in NUPlans becomes read-only at that time.
Access NUPlans Annual Budgeting through:
- NUPlans Contributor for detailed budget input
- NUPlans Web for reports, budgeting commitments, and budgeting chart string maintenance
Login links for NUPlans Contributor and NUPlans Web can be found in the Financial's System Login section of the NUPortal.
NUPlans Forecasting is used throughout the year to develop fiscal-year based forecasts. It provides support for multi-level forecasting at the account, chart string, and/or all-funds levels. Data is imported monthly from NUFinancials, and additional modules support grant, salary, and tuition forecasting.
NUPlans Forecasting can be accessed by logging into NUPlans Web in the Financial's System Login section of the NUPortal.
Last Updated: 31 March 2017Get Help Back to top