Global Address List vs Personal Address Book (Contacts)
You have two main ways of getting access to and storing contacts. You have access to a Global Address List (GAL) that contains everyone who has an NU e-mail address and a Personal Address Book for contacts inside or outside of the University.
Note: Please visit the IT Knowledge Base to setup LDAP Directory Services for Outlook 2011 to lookup contacts from GAL.
- Click Contacts Search on the right side of Ribbon. The Contacts Search window will open.
- Type a name into the search box. As you type, the search function will display possible matches.
- Click the name of the person for whom you are looking. A new window will pop up with this persons’ contact information.
- Click Save and Close. They will appear in your Personal Address Book.
- Click Contacts in the Navigation Pane. Your contact list will open on the Outlook screen.
- You can add new contacts, add contact groups, delete contacts, e-mail contacts and invite contacts to meetings from this screen.
IT Support Center
Central service desk for students, faculty, and staff.
Submit a Support Request
Last Updated: 25 March 2015