Access the Outlook Web App (OWA) to set your vacation or out of office message.
Using Google's Chrome browser? Though you may not immediately see the text of your out of office message, the automated reply feature will still properly function.
- Log in to OWA at collaborate.northwestern.edu.
- Click Options, and click Set Automatic Replies in the drop down menu.
- Click the Send automatic replies button. This activates automatic replies.
- Click Send replies only during this time period and enter a start and end date and time to automatically start and stop your automatic reply.
- Type the text of your away message in the text box.
- Click Send automatic reply messages to senders outside my organization if you want your vacation message to apply to messages received from outside NU.
- Click Send replies only to senders in my Contacts list to restrict your vacation message people in your contact list; otherwise click Send replies to all external senders.
- Type the text of you external away message in the text box.
- Click Save.
NUIT Support Center
Central service desk for students, faculty, and staff.
Submit a Support Request
Last Updated: 21 December 2011