Technology-Enhanced Learning Spaces
Technology enhanced learning spaces at Northwestern foster opportunities for teaching and learning by integrating learning technology, such as computers, specialized software, assistive listening devices, networking, and audio/visual capabilities. These spaces are available to the University community and require a reservation prior to use.
Northwestern Information Technology Academic & Research Technologies provides services for over one hundred technology-enhanced learning spaces directly controlled by the Office of the Registrar on the Evanston campus and several more contracted by specific University schools and departments on the Evanston and Chicago campuses. Services for these spaces include user training and orientation, computer and classroom control system oversight and maintenance, and immediate response for urgent requests.
All technology-enhanced learning spaces support video projection from a laptop. Some rooms contain resident computers.
A reservation is required and should be made at least one week prior to date needed. In some cases, a podium key is needed to access the podium and other room equipment.
To reserve a learning space, log in to the University's Room & Event Registration System
EXCEPTIONS: Feinberg and SESP Classroom Reservations
- To reserve a Feinberg School of Medicine (FSM) classroom in the Robert H. Lurie or McGaw buildings, please contact the FSM Facilities Coordinator at (312) 503-1871.
- Reservations for Northwestern IT-supported School of Education and Social Policy (SESP) Classrooms can be made through http://edtech.sesp.northwestern.edu/classrooms/.
Evanston Classrooms: A key is not needed to access the podium equipment installed in most standard classrooms on the Evanston campus. These keys are distributed by the Office of the Registrar during regular business hours to users holding a reservation. Podiums in Northwestern IT supported SESP classrooms are unlocked.
- Keys are not required for the laptop-based seminar classrooms or podiums in Northwestern IT supported SESP classrooms. Exceptions are:
- Fisk 217
- Owen L Coon Forum (Leverone Aud)
- Ryan Family Auditorium
- A key may be reserved for an entire quarter
- Keys for one-time events may be picked up one-day in advance of the reservation and must be returned the next day after the event, during regular business hours
- Individuals holding events after regular business hours must pick up a key at the Office of the Registrar during normal business hours
Chicago Classrooms: A key is needed to access the podium equipment and the equipment located behind the glass doors in the Lurie classrooms and in the AV closets in the McGaw classrooms on the Chicago campus. These keys are distributed by the Office of Dean's Administration, 12th floor Rubloff Building, 420 East Superior during regular business hours. EXCEPTION: Contact 7-ROOM Support for access to Wieboldt 421.
Individuals holding events in FSM classrooms after regular business hours (i.e. after 4:30 p.m.) must pick up a key at the Dean's Administration Office during normal business hours prior to the event, and return it the following business day after the event.
Last Updated: 13 February 2017Get Help Back to top