Digital Learning at Northwestern
Northwestern offers a wealth of opportunities for faculty, staff, and students to get involved with cutting-edge digital initiatives on campus and online. To highlight these offerings, Northwestern Information Technology, in partnership with the Office of the Provost, has created the Northwestern Digital Learning website.
The site provides a glimpse into what is happening inside the classroom that will inspire faculty to continue thinking creatively about how technology can support their pedagogy, including:
- Discovery of new techniques and digital tools in the Resource Hub
- Technology-enabled Active Learning Environments
- Engaging with like-minded colleagues in learning communities
- Funding for digital projects
- Participating in new technology pilots
- Attend or propose a MOOC (massive open online course)
TEACHx - Promoting Experiments in Teaching and Learning
Each year, in collaboration with the Office of the Provost and the Searle Center for Advancing Learning & Teaching, Northwestern Information Technology hosts TEACHx, a one-day symposium celebrating teaching and learning innovation.
TEACHx is designed to:
- Showcase the instructors leading innovations in teaching and learning through technology;
- Support a growing educational technology community of practice, including those experimenting with blended learning, online learning, learning analytics, and active learning spaces; and
- Spark innovation in teaching, highlighting opportunities for further collaboration between instructors and educational technology specialists.
Last Updated: 16 February 2017Get Help Back to top