Northwestern University has developed a suite of mobile applications that delivers on-demand, real-time mobile access to University information, including news and events, campus maps and images, library resources, and the online directory.
The University's customized app, Northwestern Mobile, is available for use on the most common mobile platforms. Currently, applications are available for the iPhone®, iPod touch®, BlackBerry, Android devices, and other Web-enabled mobile devices, such as Windows Mobile and Palm WebOS devices.
- News – Get the latest news from all campuses
- Events – Check out listings from Plan-It Purple
- Maps – Search for Northwestern buildings by name, pinpoint them on the map, and see your location
- Directory – Look up Northwestern faculty, staff and students, store contact information, and use your mobile device to connect via e-mail or phone
- Library – Search the library catalog by title, author or keyword, and check availability
- Images – See campus landmarks and images of library collections
- Videos – View the latest from Northwestern YouTube
- Athletics – Find Northwestern Wildcats sports news, schedules, and scores
Get Northwestern Mobile
iPhone or iPod touch: To install the Northwestern Mobile app on your iPhone or iPod touch, visit the iTunes App Store and search for "Northwestern" – then click on "Install" (or "Free App" if you're accessing the App Store from your synced computer). Note: You must install iPhone OS 3.0 or higher. Visit Northwestern Mobile Quick Reference for more information.
BlackBerry: To install the Northwestern Mobile app on your BlackBerry, visit the BlackBerry App World and search for "Northwestern" - then click on "Get it Today". Note:To support the application, your BlackBerry smartphone must have an operating system of 4.2.0 or higher.
Android Devices: To install the Northwestern Mobile app on your Android-based phone or tablet, visit the Android Market from your device and search for "Northwestern". Then, click on the Northwestern app published by Northwestern University and select Install.
If you have a QR scanner app installed on your Android device, you can also use the QR code to the right.
Other mobile devices: To use the Northwestern Mobile app on any other Web-enabled device, visit mobile.northwestern.edu on your device browser. (Note: mobile.northwestern.edu delivers different information based on the type of equipment it senses. If you visit the site on a computer browser, you'll see an explanation of the service. You must be using a Web-enabled handheld device to experience the capabilities of Northwestern Mobile.)
We want your feedback!
- Quick Reference
- Download Northwestern Mobile for iPhone, iPod touch, Blackberry, or Android
- Download Northwestern Mobile for other mobile devices
- Northwestern on iTunesU
- Northwestern on YouTube
- New App Request Form for Authorized Faculty, Staff, and Students
- Add Events to Northwestern Mobile Calendar App
NUIT Support Center
Central service desk for students, faculty, and staff.
Submit a Support Request
Last Updated: 12 July 2012