As part of the University’s continued commitment to providing the utmost security to the University network, NUIT provides a list of reported scam email attempts recently targeting Northwestern.
The consequences of responding to bogus emails that look like the real thing can be devastating to the individual providing the personally identifiable information and to the University as a whole.
The emails below are malicious email attempts that have been received by members of the University community and have been approved for posting by NUIT's Information Systems Security/Compliance team. Select the date to view the email in pdf format. An archive of attempts is also available.
If you believe you have received a scam email that has not been posted below, forward the message to the IT Support Center. If you have responded to a suspected scam e-mail, you should reset your NetID password immediately and call the IT Support Center at 847-491-4357 (1-HELP) to report the bogus email.
- August 28, 2015 - Library Account
- August 25, 2015 - RE: NOTICE!!!
- August 7, 2015 - CAESAR Access
- August 6, 2015 - (Blackboard Learning) You have 2 important course work from your Admin faculty.
- August 3, 2015 - FOR YOUR NOTICE
- July 31, 2015 - System Analyst
- July 30, 2015 - Urgent: There's a problem with your account
- July 27, 2015 - Warning Notice: suspected log-in activity!
- July 16, 2015 - update
- July 6, 2015 - RE: IT-Help desk system maintenance notice.
- July 1, 2015 - Last Warning
- June 29, 2015 - Help Desk
- June 29, 2015 - Update Your Account Today
- June 11, 2015 - Northwestern.edu ID has been updated
- June 1 2015 - (No Subject)
- May 16 2015 - Re-Activate Your Account:
- April 27, 2015 - northwestern.edu webmail update
- April 12, 2015 - Update Your Northwestern University Email Account
- March 20, 2015 - Update Your NorthWestern University Email
- March 19, 2015 - Update Your Northwestern University Email
- March 18, 2015 - Email Exceeded Limits
- February 26, 2015 - (No Subject)
IT Support Center
Central service desk for students, faculty, and staff.
Submit a Support Request
Last Updated: 28 August 2015