As part of the University’s continued commitment to providing the utmost security to the University network, NUIT provides a list of reported scam email attempts recently targeting Northwestern.
The consequences of responding to bogus emails that look like the real thing can be devastating to the individual providing the personally identifiable information and to the University as a whole.
The emails below are malicious email attempts that have been received by members of the University community and have been approved for posting by NUIT's Information Systems Security/Compliance team. Select the date to view the email in pdf format. An archive of attempts is also available.
If you believe you have received a scam email that has not been posted below, forward the message to the IT Support Center. If you have responded to a suspected scam e-mail, you should reset your NetID password immediately and call the IT Support Center at 847-491-4357 (1-HELP) to report the bogus email.
- July 23, 2014 - Admin Message
- July 22, 2014 - Email Upgrade
- July 15, 2014 - Sign in prevented
- July 7, 2014 - RE: IMPORTANT NOTE
- July 2, 2014 - ADMIN TEAM (c) FINAL ACCOUNT NOTICE!!
- June 18, 2014 - Blackboard Learn Access
- June 17, 2014 - Warning: Upgrade & Protect Your Account From Been Inactive!
- June 4, 2014 - Verification alert!
- May 30, 2014 - The new mail is here
- May 26, 2014 - Update the current Activies
- May 22, 2014 - HTK4S VIRUS
- May 20, 2014 - Webmail Account Owner
- March 27, 2014 - Validate Mailbox
- March 18, 2014 - Webmail Maintenance
- March 17, 2014 - Northwestern University
- February 17, 2014 - Email Termination!!!
- February 14, 2014 - ADMIN
- February 8, 2014 - ITS - Service Information
- February 3, 2014 - New Message
- January 30, 2014 - [SPAM] Account Security Alert
- January 28, 2014 - (Good Link) HELPDESK
IT Support Center
Central service desk for students, faculty, and staff.
Submit a Support Request
Last Updated: 23 July 2014