As part of the University’s continued commitment to providing the utmost security to the University network, NUIT provides a list of reported scam email attempts recently targeting Northwestern.
The consequences of responding to bogus emails that look like the real thing can be devastating to the individual providing the personally identifiable information and to the University as a whole.
The emails below are malicious email attempts that have been received by members of the University community and have been approved for posting by NUIT's Information Systems Security/Compliance team. Select the date to view the email in pdf format. An archive of attempts is also available.
If you believe you have received a scam email that has not been posted below, forward the message to the IT Support Center. If you have responded to a suspected scam e-mail, you should reset your NetID password immediately and call the IT Support Center at 847-491-4357 (1-HELP) to report the bogus email.
- March 20, 2015 - Update Your NorthWestern University Email
- March 19, 2015 - Update Your Northwestern University Email
- March 18, 2015 - Email Exceeded Limits
- February 26, 2015 - (No Subject)
- February 25, 2015 - RE : EMAIL ACCOUNT SHUT DOWN WARNING
- February 12, 2015 - FW: IT-Helpdesk Administrator.
- February 7, 2015 - Admin Help !!
- February 03, 2015 - Re-Activate Your Account:
- February 02, 2015 - COMPULSORY FOR ALL STAFF of Northwestern University; URGENT MIGRATION TO OUTLOOK WEB-MAIL FOR 2015 SESSION
- December 29, 2014 - You have exceeded your email storage capacity
- December 18, 2014 - Alert!!!
- December 2, 2014 - Warning!!
- December 1, 2014 - Final Notification
- November 26, 2014 - Notification
- November 25, 2014 - Validate Your Account:
- November 15, 2014 - Validate Your Account
- November 3, 2014 - Request INC000003097543: Sign-In Violation.
- October 21, 2014 - IT Help Desk
- October 15, 2014 - Northwestern Notice!
- October 14, 2014 - Attn: Faculty/Student/Administrative.
- October 7, 2014 - Webmail notice!
IT Support Center
Central service desk for students, faculty, and staff.
Submit a Support Request
Last Updated: 20 March 2015