As part of the University’s continued commitment to providing the utmost security to the University network, NUIT provides a list of reported scam email attempts recently targeting Northwestern.
The consequences of responding to bogus emails that look like the real thing can be devastating to the individual providing the personally identifiable information and to the University as a whole.
The emails below are malicious email attempts that have been received by members of the University community and have been approved for posting by NUIT's Information Systems Security/Compliance team. Select the date to view the email in pdf format. An archive of attempts is also available.
If you believe you have received a scam email that has not been posted below, forward the message to the IT Support Center. If you have responded to a suspected scam e-mail, you should reset your NetID password immediately and call the IT Support Center at 847-491-4357 (1-HELP) to report the bogus email.
- February 17, 2014 - Email Termination!!!
- February 14, 2014 - ADMIN
- February 8, 2014 - ITS - Service Information
- February 3, 2014 - New Message
- January 30, 2014 - [SPAM] Account Security Alert
- January 28, 2014 - (Good Link) HELPDESK
- January 22, 2014 - Important Account Update
- January 17, 2014 - PLEASE UPDATE YOUR EMAIL ACCOUNT IMMEDIATELY!!!!
- January 17, 2014 - Please Update Your Password
- January 9, 2014 - Important Message
- December 30, 2013 - VIRUS WARNING!!!
- December 18, 2013 - STAFF AND FACULTY MAILBOX MESSAGE !
- December 17, 2013 - Emergency Alert!!!? Northwestern University WEB-MAIL ACCOUNT USERS
- December 11, 2013 - Webmail Alert.
- November 30, 2013 - Email Account Updates
- November 25, 2013 - Attn: Web/E-mail Account Holder
- November 19, 2013 - 1 New Message From Northwestern University®
- November 12, 2013 - (Email Alert) ITservice Desk
- November 7, 2013 - Warning: Mailbox Quote
IT Support Center
Central service desk for students, faculty, and staff.
Submit a Support Request
Last Updated: 17 February 2014