Scam Email Attempts at Northwestern
As part of the University’s continued commitment to providing the utmost security to the University network, Northwestern Information Technology (IT) provides a list of reported scam email attempts recently targeting Northwestern.
The consequences of responding to bogus emails that look like the real thing can be devastating to the individual providing the personally identifiable information and to the University as a whole.
The emails below are malicious email attempts that have been received by members of the University community and have been approved for posting by Northwestern IT's Information Systems Security/Compliance team. Select the date to view the email in pdf format. An archive of attempts is also available.
If you believe you have received a scam email that has not been posted below, forward the message to the IT Support Center. If you have responded to a suspected scam e-mail, you should reset your NetID password immediately and call the IT Support Center at 847-491-4357 (1-HELP) to report the bogus email.
- April 19, 2017 - Please Update Your Northwestern Information
- April 3, 2017 - Urgent: Northwestern Account Issues
- March 27, 2017 - Urgent: Northwestern Account Issues
- March 10, 2017 - Bogus Online Passport/SSO Sign-on
- March 6, 2017 - CAS- Important Information
- January 16, 2017 - Central Authentication Service
- December 14, 2016 - Essential Announcement from President Morton Schapiro
- December 14, 2016 - Important Announcement from President Morton Schapiro
- October 20, 2016 - Mailbox Alert
- August 27, 2016 - NUIT
- August 24, 2016 - you have a message from President Morton O. Schapiro
- July 27, 2016 - Staff: New Email System Posted today July 28, 2016
- June 14, 2016 - Webmail Alerte!
- June 3, 2016 - Case ID: NOR789929U
- May 7, 2016 - RE: EMAIL SECURITY MAINTENANCE
- March 10, 2016 - update your email address
- February 18, 2016 - RE: 2016 Outlook/Exchange Users
- February 14, 2016 - Fwd: FW: Att:User,
- February 11, 2016 - WARNING! Your Mailbox Needs Upgrade
- February 8, 2016 - Fwd: FW: IT Helpdesk
- January 24, 2016 - Validate Your Account:
Last Updated: 19 April 2017Get Help Back to top