As part of the University’s continued commitment to providing the utmost security to the University network, NUIT provides a list of reported scam email attempts recently targeting Northwestern.
The consequences of responding to bogus emails that look like the real thing can be devastating to the individual providing the personally identifiable information and to the University as a whole.
The emails below are malicious email attempts that have been received by members of the University community and have been approved for posting by NUIT's Information Systems Security/Compliance team. Select the date to view the email in pdf format. An archive of attempts is also available.
If you believe you have received a scam email that has not been posted below, forward the message to the IT Support Center. If you have responded to a suspected scam e-mail, you should reset your NetID password immediately and call the IT Support Center at 847-491-4357 (1-HELP) to report the bogus email.
- July 27, 2016 - Staff: New Email System Posted today July 28, 2016
- June 14, 2016 - Webmail Alerte!
- June 3, 2016 - Case ID: NOR789929U
- May 7, 2016 - RE: EMAIL SECURITY MAINTENANCE
- March 10, 2016 - update your email address
- February 18, 2016 - RE: 2016 Outlook/Exchange Users
- February 14, 2016 - Fwd: FW: Att:User,
- February 11, 2016 - WARNING! Your Mailbox Needs Upgrade
- February 8, 2016 - Fwd: FW: IT Helpdesk
- January 24, 2016 - Validate Your Account:
- January 14, 2016 - Your password changed
- December 28, 2015 - Northwestern new E-mail/NUPorta
- November 20, 2015 - Help Desk !!! Important Notice ...
- November 10, 2015 - Deactivation of Account
- October 9, 2015 - ITS HELP DESK: PASSWORD EXPIRED.
- September 1, 2015 - Validate Your Account:
- August 28, 2015 - Library Account
- August 25, 2015 - RE: NOTICE!!!
- August 7, 2015 - CAESAR Access
- August 6, 2015 - (Blackboard Learning) You have 2 important course work from your Admin faculty.
IT Support Center
Central service desk for students, faculty, and staff.
Submit a Support Request
Last Updated: 27 July 2016