Posted Date: 30 Jun 2011
This week, NUIT's Senior Data Security Analyst, Roger Safian, discusses information security issues of concern to the NU community, including:
- No future security updates for Firefox 4
- Apple's massive security update: 39 fixes
- Sites to check if your credit card is stolen and other ruses aimed at getting your personal information
Links mentioned in this session are available below in Additional Information. Listen now.
The Information Security News podcast series, hosted by Senior Data Security Analyst Roger Safian, provides the Northwestern University community with timely information security issues and tips for a more secure computing experience.
The Information Security News series is a complement to the NUIT to Go series, which focuses on current and upcoming information technology services, initiatives, and support. Have a topic you'd like to suggest? Contact NUIT Communications.
- Firefox 4 Will No Longer Receive Security Updates
- Apple Issues Huge Security Update, Releases OS X 10.6.8
- Free Check For Stolen Credit Cards
- Human Errors Fuel Hacking as Test Shows Nothing Stops Idiocy
- Microsoft Warns Rootkit Infection Requires Windows Reinstall
NUIT Support Center
Central service desk for students, faculty, and staff.
Submit a Support Request
Last Updated: 30 June 2011