Posted Date: 5 Apr 2012
Effective Date: 5 Apr 2012
This week, NUIT's Senior Data Security Analyst, Roger Safian, discusses information security issues of concern to the NU community, including:
- Upcoming Microsoft patches for Windows, IE, Office, and MySQL
- An Apple compromise called Flashback that exploits older versions of Java
- Destroying hard drives on devices you're getting rid of
Links mentioned in this session are available below in Additional Information. Listen now.
The Information Security News podcast series, hosted by Senior Data Security Analyst Roger Safian, provides the Northwestern University community with timely information security issues and tips for a more secure computing experience.
The Information Security News series is a complement to the NUIT to Go series, which focuses on current and upcoming information technology services, initiatives, and support. Have a topic you'd like to suggest? Contact NUIT Communications.
- Microsoft Security Bulletin Advance Notification For April 2012
- Apple Releases Java Update; Includes Fix For Vulnerability Exploited
- Global Payments Says 1.5M Cards Affected In Data Theft
- The $30 Billion Social Security Hack
- Facebook Logins Easily Slurped From iOS, Android
- iOS Hardening Configuration
- Turning In An Old Xbox
IT Support Center
Central service desk for students, faculty, and staff.
Submit a Support Request
Last Updated: 5 April 2012