Posted Date: 14 Jun 2012
Effective Date: 14 Jun 2012
This week, NUIT's Senior Data Security Analyst, Roger Safian, discusses information security issues of concern to the NU community, including:
- "Super" Patch Tuesday updates
- Updates on the LinkedIn password leak
- Vulnerabilities for MySQL passwords
Links mentioned in this session are available below in Additional Information. Listen now.
The Information Security News podcast series, hosted by Senior Data Security Analyst Roger Safian, provides the Northwestern University community with timely information security issues and tips for a more secure computing experience.
The Information Security News series is a complement to the NUIT to Go series, which focuses on current and upcoming information technology services, initiatives, and support. Have a topic you'd like to suggest? Contact NUIT Communications.
- Microsoft Security Bulletin Summary For June 2012
- Apple Releases Java Security Updates
- Adobe Patches Critical Flash Bugs, Ships Sandboxed Plug-In For Firefox
- LinkedIn Summarizes Password Theft and Member Security Efforts
- Did LinkedIn Drop The Ball On Information Security?
- eHarmony Says No Other Info Stolen Following Password Hack
- Global Payments: Consumer Data May Also Have Been Stolen
- Owners May Not Be Covered When Hackers Wipe Out A Business Bank Account
- Security Vulnerability In Mysql/Mariadb Sql/Password.C
- Exploit Available For Trivial Mysql Password Bypass
- Vulnerability In Microsoft XML Core Services Could Allow Remote Code Execution
NUIT Support Center
Central service desk for students, faculty, and staff.
Submit a Support Request
Last Updated: 14 June 2012