Posted Date: 1 Nov 2012
Effective Date: 1 Nov 2012
This week, NUIT's Senior Data Security Analyst, Roger Safian, discusses information security issues of concern to the NU community, including:
- Thoughts on Windows 8, and some associated scams
- A new US stolen cellphone database
- Tips on protecting your email after a Facebook data leak
Links mentioned in this session are available below in Additional Information. Listen now.
The Information Security News podcast series, hosted by Senior Data Security Analyst Roger Safian, provides the Northwestern University community with timely information security issues and tips for a more secure computing experience.
The Information Security News series is a complement to the NUIT to Go series, which focuses on current and upcoming information technology services, initiatives, and support. Have a topic you'd like to suggest? Contact NUIT Communications.
- Stolen cellphone databases switched on in US
- Killing the Computer to Save It
- ATM heist clears $1 million exploiting Citigroup e-payment flaw
- Facebook tries cloaking probe into data leak involving 1 million accounts
- Want a security pro? For starters, get politically incorrect and understand geek culture
NUIT Support Center
Central service desk for students, faculty, and staff.
Submit a Support Request
Last Updated: 1 November 2012