Posted Date: 16 Nov 2012
Effective Date: 16 Nov 2012
This week, NUIT's Senior Data Security Analyst, Roger Safian, discusses information security issues of concern to the NU community, including:
- The risks of using outdated browsers
- A Facebook Chat vulnerability that can lead to DOS attacks
- A new trojan virus targetting Macs
Links mentioned in this session are available below in Additional Information. Listen now.
The Information Security News podcast series, hosted by Senior Data Security Analyst Roger Safian, provides the Northwestern University community with timely information security issues and tips for a more secure computing experience.
The Information Security News series is a complement to the NUIT to Go series, which focuses on current and upcoming information technology services, initiatives, and support. Have a topic you'd like to suggest? Contact NUIT Communications.
- Microsoft Security Bulletin Summary for November 2012
- One in four users at risk due to outdated browsers
- Which Android OS is subject to greatest security threat?
- New variant of Mac Trojan discovered, targeting Tibet
- New Mastercard has LCD screen and keyboard
- Facebook Chat Can Be Used to Launch DOS Attacks, Expert Finds
- Mushrooming ransomware now extorts $5 million a year
- Petraeus affair offers unintentional lesson on password reuse
- Yes, the FBI and CIA can read your email. Here's how
- Top 5 Security Predictions for 2013 from Symantec
IT Support Center
Central service desk for students, faculty, and staff.
Submit a Support Request
Last Updated: 16 November 2012