Posted Date: 21 Nov 2012
Effective Date: 21 Nov 2012
This week, NUIT's Senior Data Security Analyst, Roger Safian, discusses information security issues of concern to the NU community, including:
- FBI safe online surfing tips for kids
- Facebook enables default HTTPS encryption for North America
- Thinking beyond the password for information security
Links mentioned in this session are available below in Additional Information. Listen now.
The Information Security News podcast series, hosted by Senior Data Security Analyst Roger Safian, provides the Northwestern University community with timely information security issues and tips for a more secure computing experience.
The Information Security News series is a complement to the NUIT to Go series, which focuses on current and upcoming information technology services, initiatives, and support. Have a topic you'd like to suggest? Contact NUIT Communications.
- Safe Online Surfing
- FBI arrests JFK worker in heist of 3,600 Apple iPad minis
- Security isn't about technology - it's about people
- Facebook enabling HTTPS by default for North American users
- Steinitz: Israel beat back 43,999,999 and a half cyber attacks
- 'A little paranoia' keeps US vigilant: FBI official
- Kill the Password: Why a String of Characters Can’t Protect Us Anymore
IT Support Center
Central service desk for students, faculty, and staff.
Submit a Support Request
Last Updated: 21 November 2012