Posted Date: 3 Jan 2013
Effective Date: 3 Jan 2013
This week, NUIT's Senior Data Security Analyst, Roger Safian, discusses information security issues of concern to the NU community, including:
- Security vulnerabilities for older versions of Internet Explorer
- How to tell if your phone has been hacked
- Why passwords are no longer effective protection
Links mentioned in this session are available below in Additional Information. Listen now.
The Information Security News podcast series, hosted by Senior Data Security Analyst Roger Safian, provides the Northwestern University community with timely information security issues and tips for a more secure computing experience.
The Information Security News series is a complement to the NUIT to Go series, which focuses on current and upcoming information technology services, initiatives, and support. Have a topic you'd like to suggest? Contact NUIT Communications.
- Microsoft Security Advisory (2794220)
- Microsoft says IE 6, 7, and 8 vulnerable to remote code execution
- How to Tell if Your Phone Has Been Hacked
- Kill the Password: Why a String of Characters Can’t Protect Us Anymore
- Security Loophole In Facebook’s Camera App Allowed Hackers To Hijack Accounts Over WiFi [Confirmed]
IT Support Center
Central service desk for students, faculty, and staff.
Submit a Support Request
Last Updated: 4 January 2013