Posted Date: 16 Jan 2013
Effective Date: 16 Jan 2013
This week, NUIT's Senior Data Security Analyst, Roger Safian, discusses information security issues of concern to the NU community, including:
- Discussion of Java vulnerabilities
- The importance of making data backups
- Risks and improved security for online banking
Links mentioned in this session are available below in Additional Information. Listen now.
The Information Security News podcast series, hosted by Senior Data Security Analyst Roger Safian, provides the Northwestern University community with timely information security issues and tips for a more secure computing experience.
The Information Security News series is a complement to the NUIT to Go series, which focuses on current and upcoming information technology services, initiatives, and support. Have a topic you'd like to suggest? Contact NUIT Communications.
- Microsoft Releases Update for Internet Explorer Vulnerability
- Oracle Security Alert for CVE-2013-0422
- Emergency patch for Java fails to fix cybercrime holes, warn experts
- Former UNL student accused of hacking NeSIS will face trial
- Ransom, implant attack highlight need for healthcare security
- Banks crack down on cyber-based account takeovers
- Banks seek NSA help amid attacks on their computer systems
- There's no magic pill for security
NUIT Support Center
Central service desk for students, faculty, and staff.
Submit a Support Request
Last Updated: 16 January 2013