To avoid any potential technical difficulties NUIT strongly recommends that you test your Flash player at least 24 hours prior to the Webcast event.
In order to view the Flash Webcasts at Northwestern University, you must have Flash Player version 11 installed on your computer.
HD Streaming Settings
Mac users may experience jittery video due to a Flash setting on the browser. If you are experiencing jittery video while viewing an HD stream, you must disable Hardware Acceleration
- Right-click on the flash player window where you see video
- Click on Settings
- Select the Display Tab (far left)
- Uncheck Enable Hardware Acceleration
- Click Close
- You may have to restart the stream, or possible close and restart the browser to take effect
Install Flash Player
- Download Flash Player 11 for your operating system.
- Once the download and installation is complete, restart your browser.
- Return to this Web page to view the video below. Note: If you are unable to view the video, please submit a support request for assistance.
IT Support Center
Central service desk for students, faculty, and staff.
Submit a Support Request
Last Updated: 11 June 2012