Posted Date: 28 Jul 2011
This week, NUIT's Senior Data Security Analyst, Roger Safian, discusses information security issues of concern to the NU community, including:
- Facebook scams for both Oslo tragedies and celebrity passings
- The science of password selections; tips for remembering your secure password
- Passwords in Mac OS X can be pilfered with new tool
- Unpatched iPhones/iPads secure connections not so secure
- Apple laptop batteries can be bricked, firmware hacked
- Low-tech Internet scams harvest billions of dollars
- The best FREE tool to protect yourself
Links mentioned in this session are available below in Additional Information. Listen now.
The Information Security News podcast series, hosted by Senior Data Security Analyst Roger Safian, provides the Northwestern University community with timely information security issues and tips for a more secure computing experience.
The Information Security News series is a complement to the NUIT to Go series, which focuses on current and upcoming information technology services, initiatives, and support. Have a topic you'd like to suggest? Contact NUIT Communications.
- Oslo Bombing Facebook Scams Infecting 1 User Per Second
- Amy Winehouse Death Video Scams Appear on Facebook
- A Great Password Study
- The Science of Password Selection
- Hunting For A Password That Only You Will Know
- Passwords in Mac OS X Can Be Pilfered With New Tool
- Unpatched iPhones/iPads Secure Connections Not So Secure
- Apple Laptop Batteries Can Be Bricked, Firmware Hacked
- Low-tech Internet Scams Harvest Billions of Dollars
- Common Sense – The Best FREE Tool to Keep Safe
IT Support Center
Central service desk for students, faculty, and staff.
Submit a Support Request
Last Updated: 28 July 2011