Posted Date: 5 May 2011
This week, NUIT's Senior Data Security Analyst, Roger Safian, discusses information security issues of concern to the NU community, including:
- Microsoft issues first Windows Phone 7 security update
- Patches available for Firefox and Thunderbird
- Sony data breach continues; tips for coping
- MacDefender fake AntiVirus
- Beware of Osama Bin Laden death e-mail scams
- Fake FBI e-mails to look out for
Links mentioned in this session are available below in Additional Information. Listen now.
The Information Security News podcast series, hosted by Senior Data Security Analyst Roger Safian, provides the Northwestern University community with timely information security issues and tips for a more secure computing experience.
The Information Security News series is a complement to the NUIT to Go series, which focuses on current and upcoming information technology services, initiatives, and support. Have a topic you'd like to suggest? Contact NUIT Communications.
- Microsoft Issues first Windows Phone 7 Security Update
- Mozilla Patches Firefox and Thunderbird
- Microsoft Security Bulletin Advance Notification for May 2011
- Sony Online Entertainment Announces Theft of Data
- More on MAC OSX Malware - MacDefender Fake Antivirus
- Tech News: MacDefender in Action
- MacDefender: Apple Support Communities
- NUIT Symantec Endpoint Protection for Macintosh
- Osama Bin Laden E-mail Scams, Fake Antivirus, and Phishing Attack Warning
- Osama: New E-Scams and Warnings
- Fake FBI Emails Distribute Backdoor
IT Support Center
Central service desk for students, faculty, and staff.
Submit a Support Request
Last Updated: 5 May 2011