Posted Date: 2 Jun 2011
This week, NUIT's Senior Data Security Analyst, Roger Safian, discusses information security issues of concern to the NU community, including:
- Twitter photo hacking "prank" and subsequent security tips
- New WordPress version contains security fixes and clickjacking protection
- Python upgrade fixes medium severity issues
- Newest MacDefender scareware installs without password
- Symantec Endpoint Protection for NU
Links mentioned in this session are available below in Additional Information. Listen now.
The Information Security News podcast series, hosted by Senior Data Security Analyst Roger Safian, provides the Northwestern University community with timely information security issues and tips for a more secure computing experience.
The Information Security News series is a complement to the NUIT to Go series, which focuses on current and upcoming information technology services, initiatives, and support. Have a topic you'd like to suggest? Contact NUIT Communications.
- Lewd "Prank" on Congressman's Twitter Account Might be yFrog's Fault
- WordPress 3.1.3 Contains Security Fixes and Clickjacking Protection
- Python 2.5.6 Fixes Medium Severity Issues
- Newest MacDefender Scareware Installs Without a Password
- Symantec Endpoint Protection
IT Support Center
Central service desk for students, faculty, and staff.
Submit a Support Request
Last Updated: 2 June 2011