Posted Date: 12 Jan 2012
Effective Date: 12 Jan 2012
This week, NUIT's Senior Data Security Analyst, Roger Safian, discusses information security issues of concern to the NU community, including:
- New security features in the latest Chrome beta version
- Keeping an eye on app permissions
- Adobe updates to fix security issues
- Microsoft patch Tuesday updates
Links mentioned in this session are available below in Additional Information. Listen now.
The Information Security News podcast series, hosted by Senior Data Security Analyst Roger Safian, provides the Northwestern University community with timely information security issues and tips for a more secure computing experience.
The Information Security News series is a complement to the NUIT to Go series, which focuses on current and upcoming information technology services, initiatives, and support. Have a topic you'd like to suggest? Contact NUIT Communications.
- Chrome 17 Enters Beta, Improves Speed and Security
- Microsoft Plans Big January Patch Tuesday
- Adobe Plans Critical Security Updates for Reader, Acrobat Next Week
- Facebook Spam and Cybercrime on the Rise: How You Can Avoid It [INFOGRAPHIC]
- Start 2012 by Taking Two Minutes to Clean Your Apps Permissions
IT Support Center
Central service desk for students, faculty, and staff.
Submit a Support Request
Last Updated: 12 January 2012