Posted Date: 15 Mar 2012
Effective Date: 15 Mar 2012
This week, NUIT's Senior Data Security Analyst, Roger Safian, discusses information security issues of concern to the NU community, including:
- Major updates for iOS, Firefox, Windows, and more, inlcuding a critical update for RDP users
- Password security tips for iPhones, Chrome, Amazon
- Tips on creating a secure password or passphrase
Links mentioned in this session are available below in Additional Information. Listen now.
The Information Security News podcast series, hosted by Senior Data Security Analyst Roger Safian, provides the Northwestern University community with timely information security issues and tips for a more secure computing experience.
The Information Security News series is a complement to the NUIT to Go series, which focuses on current and upcoming information technology services, initiatives, and support. Have a topic you'd like to suggest? Contact NUIT Communications.
- Paperclips Pose Security Threat To iPhones
- Chrome Password Decryptor
- Some Evidence on Multi-Word Passphrases
- Passphrases Only Marginally More Secure Than Passwords Because of Poor Choices
- Why So Many Bad Passwords? Because the Rules Allow Them
- Consumer Data Privacy in a Networked World: A Framework for Protecting Privacy and Promoting Innovation in the Global Digital Economy.
- Privacy - A Study On Monetising Privacy
- Why the Security Industry Never Actually Makes Us Secure
IT Support Center
Central service desk for students, faculty, and staff.
Submit a Support Request
Last Updated: 15 March 2012