Posted Date: 7 Dec 2012
Effective Date: 22 Dec 2012
To strengthen the availability of University applications and improve network resiliency, a software upgrade will be performed on networking components at the Northwestern University Data Center.
The maintenance will result in unavoidable interruptions of online University services on Saturday, December 22 beginning at 7:00 a.m. and ending at 9:30 a.m. To minimize impact on the University community, the maintenance window is scheduled during a time when University classes are not in session.
Though actual service outages may be shorter, users should plan for the full maintenance window.
Impact on End User
During the scheduled maintenance period, the user community may experience intermittent service outages for University services while the upgrade takes place.
NUIT will work closely with business owners and system administrators throughout the maintenance period to test and confirm that their systems are back online.
Members of the University are encouraged to visit Status of University IT Services for up-to-date information.
University IT systems that are scheduled to experience service interruptions during the maintenance period include:
- Autosys Job Scheduler
- Altiris Platform Notification & Deployment
- Bomgar Appliance
- Business Intelligence System (BI)
- CATracks Alumni System
- Campus Parking System
- CIC-ACD Oracle database
- Course Management System (Blackboard)
- CrashPlan Pro Appliance
- Departmental and school Web, application, and database servers housed at the University Data Center
- Depot (Document Management)
- eCATS (Student Loan System)
- Facilities Management Systems (FAMIS)
- Faculty and Staff Information System (FASIS)
- Graduate Admissions Tracking System (GATS)
- High Performance Computing System (Quest)
- Identity Services (NetID/Active Directory/LDAP Registry, NUValidate, Web SSO, Online Directory, Shibboleth)
- Isilon Storage
- IT Service Manager
- Kronos Time System
- Mobile Mail (Android users only)
- NU Bulk E-mail
- NU Listserv
- NUIT Service Status Web App
- NUIT Webform Processing
- The NU Portal
- Project Cafe
- Research Data Storage Services (Vault)
- Room and Event Scheduling System (RES)
- Student Enterprise System (SES)
- Student E-mail Log In
- Undergraduate Research Grant (URG)
- View Direct
- Voyager System (University Library)
- Web Content Management System (Cascade)
- WildCARD System
NUIT Support Center
Central service desk for students, faculty, and staff.
Submit a Support Request
Last Updated: 7 December 2012