Posted Date: 20 Sep 2012
Effective Date: 20 Sep 2012
This week, NUIT's Senior Data Security Analyst, Roger Safian, discusses information security issues of concern to the NU community, including:
- An update for iPhones with iOS 6
- More futuristic options that could take the place of passwords
- A study on PINs reveals that 8068 is (or was) the least used combination
Links mentioned in this session are available below in Additional Information. Listen now.
The Information Security News podcast series, hosted by Senior Data Security Analyst Roger Safian, provides the Northwestern University community with timely information security issues and tips for a more secure computing experience.
The Information Security News series is a complement to the NUIT to Go series, which focuses on current and upcoming information technology services, initiatives, and support. Have a topic you'd like to suggest? Contact NUIT Communications.
- iOS 6
- Microsoft Security Advisory for Internet Explorer Exploit
- Intel Seeks to Eliminate Computer Passwords with Wave of Hand
- Donkey Express: Mules Take Over the Mail
- What's the safest 4-digit PIN? Not 8068 -- anymore
NUIT Support Center
Central service desk for students, faculty, and staff.
Submit a Support Request
Last Updated: 20 September 2012