Posted Date: 29 Nov 2012
Effective Date: 29 Nov 2012
This week, NUIT's Senior Data Security Analyst, Roger Safian, discusses information security issues of concern to the NU community, including:
- Travel tips for your passwords
- The importance of teaching kids about digital security
- Security flaws in common hotel keycard locks
Links mentioned in this session are available below in Additional Information. Listen now.
The Information Security News podcast series, hosted by Senior Data Security Analyst Roger Safian, provides the Northwestern University community with timely information security issues and tips for a more secure computing experience.
The Information Security News series is a complement to the NUIT to Go series, which focuses on current and upcoming information technology services, initiatives, and support. Have a topic you'd like to suggest? Contact NUIT Communications.
- If security wants your password: Privacy for travelers with digital devices
- Experts find way to crack default WPA2 passwords of Belkin routers
- Don't Accept Sweeties from Strangers...
- Man arrested in Athens over ID theft of most of Greek population
- Samsung printers contain hidden, hard-coded management account
- Security Flaw In Common Keycard Locks Exploited In String Of Hotel Room Break-Ins
NUIT Support Center
Central service desk for students, faculty, and staff.
Submit a Support Request
Last Updated: 29 November 2012