Posted Date: 10 Jan 2013
Effective Date: 10 Jan 2013
This week, NUIT's Senior Data Security Analyst, Roger Safian, discusses information security issues of concern to the NU community, including:
- Important updates for Microsoft software
- Adobe updates to Reader and Acrobat to fix vulnerabilities
- The most common sites targeted by cybercriminals
Links mentioned in this session are available below in Additional Information. Listen now.
The Information Security News podcast series, hosted by Senior Data Security Analyst Roger Safian, provides the Northwestern University community with timely information security issues and tips for a more secure computing experience.
The Information Security News series is a complement to the NUIT to Go series, which focuses on current and upcoming information technology services, initiatives, and support. Have a topic you'd like to suggest? Contact NUIT Communications.
- Microsoft Security Bulletin Advance Notification for January 2013
- Researchers Bypass Microsoft Fix It for IE Zero Day
- New Java Zero-Day affecting 1.7u10
- Nvidia Releases Driver Update to Fix Security Bug
- Adobe to Patch Reader, Acrobat; Warns of ColdFusion Exploit
- Adobe Releases Advisory for ColdFusion Vulnerabilities
- Cybercriminals mostly targeting LinkedIn, PayPal and Amazon
- Most Popular 2012 Passwords Revealed
NUIT Support Center
Central service desk for students, faculty, and staff.
Submit a Support Request
Last Updated: 10 January 2013