Posted Date: 25 Jan 2013
Effective Date: 25 Jan 2013
This week, NUIT's Senior Data Security Analyst, Roger Safian, discusses information security issues of concern to the NU community, including:
- Important security updates for Oracle software
- How to delete Mac logs of your downloads
- Security vulnerabilities for Amazon and PayPal
Links mentioned in this session are available below in Additional Information. Listen now.
The Information Security News podcast series, hosted by Senior Data Security Analyst Roger Safian, provides the Northwestern University community with timely information security issues and tips for a more secure computing experience.
The Information Security News series is a complement to the NUIT to Go series, which focuses on current and upcoming information technology services, initiatives, and support. Have a topic you'd like to suggest? Contact NUIT Communications.
- Oracle releases 86 patches in its January Critical Patch Update
- A close look at how Oracle installs deceptive software with Java updates
- Your Mac Keeps A Log Of All Your Downloads
- Unpatched TRENDnet IP cameras still provide a real-time Peeping Tom paradise
- PayPal addresses blind SQL injection vulnerability after being notified by experts
- Critical security vulnerability at Amazon fixed
- Silent installs of add-ons still possible in Firefox
IT Support Center
Central service desk for students, faculty, and staff.
Submit a Support Request
Last Updated: 25 January 2013