Posted Date: 7 Feb 2013
Effective Date: 7 Feb 2013
This week, NUIT's Senior Data Security Analyst, Roger Safian, discusses information security issues of concern to the NU community, including:
- More than 50 updates for Java
- Twitter looking to add two-factor authentication after passwords hacked
- Google guides to staying secure online
Links mentioned in this session are available below in Additional Information. Listen now.
The Information Security News podcast series, hosted by Senior Data Security Analyst Roger Safian, provides the Northwestern University community with timely information security issues and tips for a more secure computing experience.
The Information Security News series is a complement to the NUIT to Go series, which focuses on current and upcoming information technology services, initiatives, and support. Have a topic you'd like to suggest? Contact NUIT Communications.
- Oracle Java SE Critical Patch Update Advisory - February 2013
- Twitter hacked, 250,000 users affected
- Twitter looks to add two-factor authentication to stop password hacks
- Securing your website: A tough job, but someone's got to do it
- A guide to staying safe and secure online
- Estonian pleads guilty in U.S. court to Internet advertising scam
- Obama can 'order pre-emptive cyber-attack' if U.S. faces threat
- While advising the public on cybersecurity, FCC failed on its own defenses
- Vulnerability Lets Hackers Control Building Locks, Electricity, Elevators and More
NUIT Support Center
Central service desk for students, faculty, and staff.
Submit a Support Request
Last Updated: 7 February 2013