IT Service Status
Guidelines for Security and Confidentiality of Data Files
All members of the Northwestern Community and users of the University network.
Guidelines for security and confidentiality of data files, established by NUIT Computing Services.
Northwestern University employees or persons with access to NUIT Computing Services shall abide by the ITCS guidelines.
All violations of these guidelines must be reported to the Director of NUIT Computing Services immediately.
NU employees or persons with access to IT Computing Services data shall not:
- Make unauthorized use of any information in files maintained, stored, or processed by IT Management Systems, or permit anyone else to make unauthorized use of such information.
- Seek personal benefit or permit others to benefit personally from any confidential information that has come to them by virtue of their work assignment.
- Exhibit or divulge the contents of any record or report to any person except in the conduct of their work assignment and in accordance with University and departmental policies.
- Knowingly include or cause to be included in any record or report a false, inaccurate, or misleading entry.
- Operate or request others to operate any University equipment for personal business.
- Divulge personal ID's or passwords to anyone, University personnel or outside persons.
Original Issue Date:
- December 2002
- March 2009