Infrastructure Advisory Committee
The IT Infrastructure Advisory
The committee reviews policies and provides direction to ensure that the security and reliability of enterprise level systems
A non-Northwestern IT technology leader serves as chair. The representatives
- To review current and planned information technology services with the purpose of improving the customer experience and the communication around these services.
- To provide direction on the deployment of new services to ensure that the community understands and embraces the services as appropriate.
- Ensure alignment of IT infrastructure services with academic and administrative direction, goals, and priorities.
- Ensure that an appropriate array of enterprise services is provided for departments, faculty, staff, and students to enable effective communication, broad collaboration, and timely access to information either by campus solutions or by commercial services.
- Provide oversight for the identification and selection of enterprise level service solutions for prioritized business needs.
- Provide a forum where new infrastructure requirements or emerging technologies are discussed and considered.
- Communicate the University’s IT strategies and priorities for infrastructure services to the campus.
- Ensure that appropriate security is maintained for all services, through corresponding measures, controls, and policies.
- Provide direction to prevent, where appropriate, unnecessary redundancy or non-sustainable service implementations and their resulting inefficiencies and risks.
Meetings are held monthly, or as determined by the committee.
- Andrew Winter, Executive Director of Information Technology, Feinberg School of Medicine (Chair)
- Raghu Katakam, Chief Information Officer, Kellogg School of Management
- Michael Satut, Senior Director of Information Technology, Weinberg College of Arts and Sciences
- Curtis Hanawalt, Senior Director of Information Technology, McCormick School of Engineering
- Steve Moyano, Senior Director, Research IT Strategy and Operations, Office
forResearch Information Systems
- Michael Hannen, Senior Director of Information Technology, School of Education and Social Policy
- Ken Woo, Senior Director of Information Technology, School of Professional Studies
- Jeffrey Prah, Executive Director of Technology and Innovation, Medill School of Journalism, Media, Integrated Marketing Communications
- John Arends, Director of Information Technology, School of Communication
- Bob Vance, Director of Information Technology, Northwestern University in Qatar
- Robert Trautvetter, Director of IT Infrastructure, University Libraries
- Christel Bridges, Director of Information Technology, Pritzker School of Law
- Scott Spyrison, Director of Information Technology, Student Affairs
- Ray Mathew, IT Services Coordinator, Bienen School of Music
- David Carr, Associate Vice President, Cyberinfrastructure, Northwestern Information Technology
- Brandon Grill, Senior Director of Technology Planning and Security, Northwestern Information Technology
- Joseph Kurtin - Director, Technology Support Services, Northwestern Information Technology (Ex Officio)
- Administrative Support—Julian Koh, Director, Telecommunications and Network Services, Northwestern Information Technology