Leading the Delivery of Technology Services and Information Resources
Organization and Leadership
As the University's information technology organization, Northwestern IT is committed to collaboration and leading the delivery of technology services and information resources in the dynamic Northwestern environment.
We provide an effective, comprehensive, and secure technology infrastructure to deliver the highest quality and sustainable information technology services in support of the University’s mission through responsive leadership, innovative exploration, sound guidance, and open collaboration.
Northwestern IT is comprised of seven departments. View the list of departments and responsibilities.
Senior Leadership Team
Reporting to Sean Reynolds, vice president for information technology and chief information officer, Northwestern IT leaders oversee the University's administrative systems, cyberinfrastructure, information security, services and support, and teaching and learning with technology. Meet the team.
The information technology governance structure at Northwestern establishes the strategic, operational, and technical decision-making processes necessary to ensure an innovative, reliable, and robust information technology environment. IT governance provides strategic leadership, establishes campus-wide IT priorities and policies in accordance with the University Strategic Plan, and is accountable to the University.
We continuously seek to improve the innovative technological environment for the University community through a vast array of tools and services. These include:
- High-speed campus infrastructure with wireless access
- Innovative learning and teaching spaces
- Advanced digital media capabilities to enable instruction and research
- Self-service enterprise systems to support the business and administrative needs of the University
- Research computing services
- Virtualization of applications and servers
- A secure environment for the University to conduct its business while achieving regulatory compliance and providing the controlled sharing of data
The scope and impact of these efforts are highlighted on the Northwestern IT by the Numbers web page.