Northwestern University Research Data Management Resources
Northwestern IT, University Libraries, and Galter Health Sciences Library host a variety of research data management resources. Please review the following categories and links for more information.
Tools and Services
- DMPTool - A web application that helps researchers write data management plans formatted for various funding agencies
- Northwestern Libraries Digital Collections - A collection of primary sources for research including letters, photographs, diaries, maps, audiovisual materials, and licensed art historical images
- Qualtrics - A web-based tool for creating and conducting surveys for data collection
- REDCap - (Feinberg only) A secure, web-based application for building and managing online data capture for research studies
- Research Data Storage Service (RDSS) - A data storage service for Northwestern researchers
- Globus Data Transfer Tool - A web portal built to facilitate large data transfer between research systems and your computer
- Dryad Data Repository – (non-Feinberg) A data repository for publishing research data to comply with funder and publisher requirements; ssubmissions are self-deposited and vetted by curators
- Feinberg School of Medicine IT Service Catalog - A listing of information technology services available to the Feinberg School of Medicine
Request a Consultation
- Arch – Northwestern University’s institutional repository. Use Arch to share traditional research outputs, such as articles. Arch also accepts small files for ancillary data. Submissions are self-deposited and not vetted by curators.
- Prism – Feinberg School of Medicine’s institutional repository promotes openness, maximizes reproducibility, and enhances research connections in the Feinberg community globally by preserving and sharing the intellectual works created by Feinberg researchers with anyone with access to the internet.